If you do decide on using an agent to help sell your home, here a few tips to keep in mind so that you can select the perfect person for the job.
1. Do some research to find out if they have successfully sold properties similar to yours. All agents specialize in a particular type of home and it is best to find someone that has handled similar homes. Just look at their websites to find out what kind of houses they have been selling in general. It is also a good idea to find out which agents handle the most client traffic in your area.
2. It is important that you find agents that are specific to your particular locality. Even if the company is smaller, you can be sure that they will have a much better idea of the local real estate market. Being aware of local conditions is very important for real estate sales.
3. The Internet is the biggest marketplace in today’s world. So check up to see if the agent has a strong online presence. Advertising online can reach out to a much larger client base, and a real estate agent must use it to the best advantage. Check out their websites and see if proposals are regularly updated. It is also a good idea to observe if the images of the properties are presented in an inviting manner.
4. Try using an agent who has been recommended by a friend or family member. You a better idea of how they deal with customers if someone you know has availed their services in the past. It will also give you the opportunity to compare costs and prices.
5. Check their certifications and see if they are members of any national level organization. This will ensure a certain transparency in all dealings, and you can be confident that business is being conducted by someone who has solid credentials.
6. Make sure that all the fees and commissions are worked out well in advance. This way there will be no misunderstandings later on. Real estate agents usually work on a commission basis, and you can try bargaining to bring down the fee. But remember that even they need the incentive to go out there and sell your property. So cutting down on the fees might just turn out to be counter-intuitive.
7. If there is an urgent need to get the house sold, then you can even try getting multiple agents. This will probably get the sale through faster, but you might end up paying a lot more commissions.
Hiring a real estate agent like Arthur Winn has some advantages over selling on your own. He ensures a great relationship with all clients, and you will never have a problem working together. After all, both of you have the same objective. There are many effective ways to sell your real estate, and Arthur Winn will have detailed knowledge on all of them. So don’t think twice before giving him a call.